At Indequity we realise that submitting a claim can be a daunting experience, particularly if you have just been through a traumatic incident whether it be a vehicle accident or loss of property. Our claims team is equipped to assist you in a professional and efficient manner in order to finalise your claim in the fairest manner and as expediently as possible.
As we pride ourselves on delivering an efficient, personalised service to our clientele, we do not have call centres at Indequity. A claims consultant will therefore be assigned to your claim and will deal with your claim until it has been finalised, ensuring that you receive the personal attention you deserve.
- Claims have to be submitted to Indequity on an official claim form, along with the stipulated supporting documentation, within 30 days of the loss date;
- Please note that you are obliged by law to report all vehicle accidents to the SAPS within 24 hours, and to Indequity within 30 days, irrespective of the damage caused to your vehicle. All incidents involving a third party, irrespective of the damage to both parties’ vehicles, and incidents where your vehicle suffers only moderate damage must be reported;
- We recommend that you keep the Indequity membership card with your policy number and the emergency numbers in your vehicle(s) and store these numbers on your cell phone, so that they are available in the event of an accident or other emergency.
In The Unfortunate Event That Your Vehicle Is Involved In An Accident, Please Remember The Following Procedure:
- Obtain the contact details of as many eyewitnesses to the event as possible and forward these with your claim to Indequity;
- Obtain as much information as you can from the third party, such as work telephone number, cell phone number, fax number and insurance broker as well as details of the third party’s insurance;
- Should the third party be a minor, the details of his/her parents are required;
- Contact the Indequity Towing Line on 011 799 1604, which will arrange a towing service. Should you neglect to have your towing pre-authorised, you may end up with an exorbitant bill for towing, of which we will contribute only R500;
- Report the accident to the nearest South African Police Station within 24 hours of the incident. Failure to do so (i.e. reporting outside of 24 hours) will attract a fine of R500, levied by the SAPS, regardless of the nature of the incident.
Should you need assistance after hours kindly utilise the following numbers:
Indequity / AA Roadside Assist : 011 799 1604
Indequity / AA Emergency Home Assist : 011 799 1604
Netcare Medical Emergencies : 0860 000 999